Open Faced OmeletPrint Recipe
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Sautéed vegetables (onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach)
- Chopped cooked bacon
- Crumbled cooked sausage or chorizo
- Pico de gallo or salsa
- Chopped avocado
Add the butter to a 7 to 10-inch non-stick sauté pan. Heat over medium to low heat. Once the butter is melted, tilt the pan around to evenly coat the pan.
Whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until blended.
Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Gently stir the eggs with a rubber spatula for a few seconds.
Cover with a lid. Cook until the omelet is set, no visible liquid egg remains. If adding cheese, remove from heat. Sprinkle cheese over the top, cover, and allow the cheese to melt for a min.
Transfer the omelet to a plate.
Top your omelet with desired toppings and enjoy warm.
Multiply the recipe to serve more people. For kids, use 2 eggs to make omelet.