This recipe is featured in my cookbook, New Southern Table. I changed it a bit to accommodate my husband’s request of more eggs. The original recipe calls for 8 eggs. I used 10 eggs.
Note: Moms this is a kid friendly recipe. My son ate one this morning.
Mini QuichesPrint Recipe
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 slices breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped sweet peppers or red and yellow bell peppers
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup butternut squash noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or whipping cream
- 1/4 to 3/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
Heat a skillet to medium to medium-high heat.
Add the bacon or sausage. Pinch pieces of the sausage and add to the skillet.
Cook until cooked through and crispy. Drain on paper-towel lined plate.
Divide the cooked meat among the lined cups.
Return the skillet to the heat. Add the vegetables and cook until al dente (soft but with a bite).
Divide the vegetables among the muffin cups.
Top the vegetables with some of the cheese.
In a bowl whisk the eggs, milk or cream, salt, and pepper until combined. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until set. Let cool for 2 minutes, and then transfer the mini quiches to a serving plate. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container to enjoy throughout the week.
This recipe was adapted from New Southern Table cookbook.